We all hate it, but sometimes it’s necessary to take your work home with you if want to be successful. If you have to work at home, it is really important to have a nice home office to boost productivity. However, you also don’t want to set yourself back too much financially. While it’s important to give yourself nice work surroundings, you don’t want to burn through your savings on decorations! So, here are some hot tips and tricks on how to decorate your home office on a budget.
Are you planning to redecorate you New York family house? Do you plan to move to the home of your dreams? If you are to become your own home decorator, this article might help you do that. Moving to a new home has its own perks since it can be a big change in your lifestyle. Also, it can offer you a new living space you will enjoy decorating. Before you move to your NYC home, make sure to hire professional movers to transport your belongings. They will make sure that all of your valuable things are safe and without any damage. However, before hiring movers, make sure to get several quotes before moving to NYC. It will allow you to get the best price and choose the best movers in the city. After your relocation is over, you can relax and think of the best design for your new home. Keep reading to find out how to perfectly redesign your home in a contemporary style.
Renovating can be so expensive, but you are already tired of the old look of the house. Same carpets, walls, tiles. You want something new, fresh and of course, cheap. You just need to be creative and make your own decorations or try to find home decorations on a budget. You do not need to renovate the house to make it look fresh. Maybe, you want to redecorate rented apartment and to put your own touch. Sometimes a few colorful pillows can change the entire room. Remember that. So, let’s begin.
You have surely heard of Feng Shui before. Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese philosophy based on eternal harmony and balance of various unseen forces. Among them is the so-called Chi, or life-force, that flows through everything and supports life in all its forms. Feng Shui Home Decoration practitioners believe that the Universe has its own Chi that affects people and their characters. Each human being also has its own Chi. Its flow affects your whole life: from your current mood to relationships and success at work.
Being a part of the world`s greatest city (New York), Brooklyn is a fantastic place to live in. It is such an iconic place, recognized all around the world. I mean, anyone who has ever seen a picture of a brownstone knows what I am talking about. Having that in mind, you should consider yourself lucky if you got to live in Brooklyn. Which I am sure you are. But everyone gets those moments when they wish to change something in their lives. So what happens when you feel like you are in a rut and have the need to shake things up a little bit? Well, then you turn to remodeling! Below are some of the best Brooklyn home decoration tips you will be able to find!
I bet that you were in the situation of finding the long-lost shirt in your closet. And you were thrilled as the day you bought it. And you found it on the hanger under that sweater you did not wear for a year. Which was under that jacket you did not touch last six months. That was covered with that old scarf.
It may seem hard to pick a style, but it’s actually not. In reality, we often blend several elements from different styles. The important thing is that you understand the features of styles. Afterwards, you can sort out which one might be right for you. When it comes to decorating, there is an enormous number of styles to choose from. There is an endless list of possible combinations, and they often have a specific name, which could be confusing to many people. Even if you are clueless when it comes to recognizing different furnishing styles, there are few steps before you make your final decision.
As we’ve already learned, NYC does not offer the widest of living arrangement. And that is perfectly fine, because there are plenty ways to use the space you have. It’s just a matter of creativity and knowledge of making your space much bigger than it actually is. Some might call it magic, but we would simply refer to it as efficient home improvement. So here are some efficient space-saving tips for small NYC apartments that can easily be applied.
Whether you have recently relocated or you just want to re-do the kids’ room in your house, we are hear for you. To guide you, to inspire you, to help you through kids’ room decorating adventure. This task really should be perceived as exactly that – an adventure! Interior design can be much fun, especially when decorating the living space of children. Just think of all the bold colors and textures you can use in here, which would elsewhere be too flashy. And, if your kids are old enough to join you in the decision-making process or crafts projects, it can turn into a family adventure.
Whether you just moved to your new home, or you want to give your living space a new fresh look, some wood work ideas can brighten up your home! If you love being crafty, have a little bit of free time and a good will, you can make your living space authentic. Whether you are on a budget or having trouble finding the right furniture for smaller living space, here are some creative ideas for your DIY wood work project!
PLANING THE WOOD WORK PROJECT
The first step to making a homemade wood furniture is having a plan. Think about your living space. What is the thing about every room that you would like to change or improve? Is it the lack of storage space, not enough room to move around? Would you like to make a multi-purpose piece of wooden furniture that will stay on a budget?
When choosing the material for your wood craft ideas, make sure to pick the right material. Between many variations in the color of the wood, you must also think about density and durability of the wooden piece. Whether you are buying ready – made shelves or raw cut planks, you must consider the time it takes to make a DIY project you are interested in. If you don’t have a workshop and the tools or don’t want to waste too much time, the best thing is to buy completed planks. In stores like Ikea and Home Depot, you can choose between various designs, measurements and styles.
If your choice is furniture made out of pallets, local hardware store or nearby lumber yard will be the right choice. Other materials that you will need is wood paint (if it’s not painted already), some screws and, most importantly, shelf brackets. Take time to measure the space, and choose material that is appropriate for the style of your room. If you have enough time and the right tools, you can sand and reseal and paint the wood yourself. Pallets take some time and effort to tear apart, but you can find DIY project tutorials for ready-made pallets with exact number of them that you need.
Finally, consider the space in the room you want to make a wooden item/furniture for. By choosing the right color for the walls your new home made items can enlighten the room. For smaller spaces, make sure to put the largest pieces of furniture against the wall that has more day light.
DIY WOOD WORK TO FIT EVERY ROOM
When making homemade wood furniture plans, take a tour through your home and make a list of your wishes and ideas. Don’t forget to check on how much space you have, take measures and decide what you’ll need your new wooden furniture for. You can add some additional shelves, storage space, organize cabinets or just refresh a room with some decorative boxes. Take a look at some of the wood furniture pieces you can make yourself.
USE EVERY CORNER OF YOUR LIVING ROOM
- coffee table can be made by stacking two or four pallets together
- side tables for your sofa bed can be multi – purpose: as side tables for your sofa bed and in the same time an arm rest. You can make a custom table all along the back side of your sofa. Just place a long wooden shelf between the back of sofa and the wall. That way you can make extra space for placing your coffee or a good book. Also, the space you just made bellow the window will be ideal for photos and house plants. Your living room will now resemble a patio!
- book shelves – with holders below them or floating shelves with hidden holders.
- decorative wall pieces like photo frames. The design ideas are almost indefinite, but picking the right color tone of the wood can brighten your room!
BEDROOM SHOULD INSPIRE A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP
This room is one of the most inspiring when decorating with wood work materials. The nature – like feeling inspires many of for a night of good sleep. Consider making the following items that will not take you a lot of time and effort:
- book shelves – best if made in form of a floating shelf.
- night stands – you can make them separate or connected to your bed, depending on design.
- a bed made out of wooden pallets – is the biggest piece of furniture you can make, but takes less time to make than one might think. By measuring all the sides, you calculate how many of the pallets you will need. When they are well sanded and painted, all you need to do is screw them together, and add smaller pieces to have two nightstands.
REORGANIZE YOUR KITCHEN
- Spices organizer. Every kitchen usually has a place for keeping all kinds of spices. If you’re looking forward to organizing yours, think about making an extra shelf. One of the most inspiring materials you could use is wood, especially in the form of a shelf. For a larger kitchen, chose a piece of the wooden palette for multi – purpose kitchen organizer.
- kitchen appliances holder (with hooks). Too many pots and pans? Why keep them inside the cabinet one over another? Try making a shelf with hooks bellow it and keep your kitchen appliances at reach.
- additional seating table. If your home doesn’t have enough space for a separate dining room, try adding a sitting table to your wall. Do some accurate measuring and screw the table to a vertical support. Making the support parts hinged allows you to bend the table down against the wall when not used.
MAKE YOUR BATHROOM FEEL LIKE A FOREST
Remodeling your bathroom with pieces of wood work items and making wooden furniture can feel refreshing. Small bathroom details made out of wood can feel like you’re in the middle of nature’s serenity. When making small items to redesign your bathroom, make sure the wood you use is coated with waterproof paint. That way you will prevent the mold and possible breaks. Try making some of the following items:
- bath products organizer takes almost no time to make. You can find many online ideas on the design, shape and multi – purpose use. The organizer will look good on the wall, in form of a shelf, or it can stand on its own and hold your appliances.
- towel holder looks the best if made out of pallets. They already have their own shape to support hanging towels. If you prefer, you can make several floating shelves and place your towels as rolls.
- trendy background for mirror is perfect for a contemporary design of your bathroom.