Running out of ideas for your cramped up living area? Well, it’s good that you came, since we’ll talk about some of the best, yet simple ideas for a small living room. Our main goal is to show you how to transform your room into a warm and spacious area by utilizing color, scale, weight, and some other neat tools. Some of the more traditional decors may not work well with a specific type of space such as yours, making it seem more claustrophobic than inviting. Here are some of our favorite ideas to make you feel inspired and get you started.
Being a part of the world`s greatest city (New York), Brooklyn is a fantastic place to live in. It is such an iconic place, recognized all around the world. I mean, anyone who has ever seen a picture of a brownstone knows what I am talking about. Having that in mind, you should consider yourself lucky if you got to live in Brooklyn. Which I am sure you are. But everyone gets those moments when they wish to change something in their lives. So what happens when you feel like you are in a rut and have the need to shake things up a little bit? Well, then you turn to remodeling! Below are some of the best Brooklyn home decoration tips you will be able to find!
Whether you just moved to your new home, or you want to give your living space a new fresh look, some wood work ideas can brighten up your home! If you love being crafty, have a little bit of free time and a good will, you can make your living space authentic. Whether you are on a budget or having trouble finding the right furniture for smaller living space, here are some creative ideas for your DIY wood work project!
PLANING THE WOOD WORK PROJECT
The first step to making a homemade wood furniture is having a plan. Think about your living space. What is the thing about every room that you would like to change or improve? Is it the lack of storage space, not enough room to move around? Would you like to make a multi-purpose piece of wooden furniture that will stay on a budget?
When choosing the material for your wood craft ideas, make sure to pick the right material. Between many variations in the color of the wood, you must also think about density and durability of the wooden piece. Whether you are buying ready – made shelves or raw cut planks, you must consider the time it takes to make a DIY project you are interested in. If you don’t have a workshop and the tools or don’t want to waste too much time, the best thing is to buy completed planks. In stores like Ikea and Home Depot, you can choose between various designs, measurements and styles.
If your choice is furniture made out of pallets, local hardware store or nearby lumber yard will be the right choice. Other materials that you will need is wood paint (if it’s not painted already), some screws and, most importantly, shelf brackets. Take time to measure the space, and choose material that is appropriate for the style of your room. If you have enough time and the right tools, you can sand and reseal and paint the wood yourself. Pallets take some time and effort to tear apart, but you can find DIY project tutorials for ready-made pallets with exact number of them that you need.
Finally, consider the space in the room you want to make a wooden item/furniture for. By choosing the right color for the walls your new home made items can enlighten the room. For smaller spaces, make sure to put the largest pieces of furniture against the wall that has more day light.
DIY WOOD WORK TO FIT EVERY ROOM
When making homemade wood furniture plans, take a tour through your home and make a list of your wishes and ideas. Don’t forget to check on how much space you have, take measures and decide what you’ll need your new wooden furniture for. You can add some additional shelves, storage space, organize cabinets or just refresh a room with some decorative boxes. Take a look at some of the wood furniture pieces you can make yourself.
USE EVERY CORNER OF YOUR LIVING ROOM
- coffee table can be made by stacking two or four pallets together
- side tables for your sofa bed can be multi – purpose: as side tables for your sofa bed and in the same time an arm rest. You can make a custom table all along the back side of your sofa. Just place a long wooden shelf between the back of sofa and the wall. That way you can make extra space for placing your coffee or a good book. Also, the space you just made bellow the window will be ideal for photos and house plants. Your living room will now resemble a patio!
- book shelves – with holders below them or floating shelves with hidden holders.
- decorative wall pieces like photo frames. The design ideas are almost indefinite, but picking the right color tone of the wood can brighten your room!
BEDROOM SHOULD INSPIRE A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP
This room is one of the most inspiring when decorating with wood work materials. The nature – like feeling inspires many of for a night of good sleep. Consider making the following items that will not take you a lot of time and effort:
- book shelves – best if made in form of a floating shelf.
- night stands – you can make them separate or connected to your bed, depending on design.
- a bed made out of wooden pallets – is the biggest piece of furniture you can make, but takes less time to make than one might think. By measuring all the sides, you calculate how many of the pallets you will need. When they are well sanded and painted, all you need to do is screw them together, and add smaller pieces to have two nightstands.
REORGANIZE YOUR KITCHEN
- Spices organizer. Every kitchen usually has a place for keeping all kinds of spices. If you’re looking forward to organizing yours, think about making an extra shelf. One of the most inspiring materials you could use is wood, especially in the form of a shelf. For a larger kitchen, chose a piece of the wooden palette for multi – purpose kitchen organizer.
- kitchen appliances holder (with hooks). Too many pots and pans? Why keep them inside the cabinet one over another? Try making a shelf with hooks bellow it and keep your kitchen appliances at reach.
- additional seating table. If your home doesn’t have enough space for a separate dining room, try adding a sitting table to your wall. Do some accurate measuring and screw the table to a vertical support. Making the support parts hinged allows you to bend the table down against the wall when not used.
MAKE YOUR BATHROOM FEEL LIKE A FOREST
Remodeling your bathroom with pieces of wood work items and making wooden furniture can feel refreshing. Small bathroom details made out of wood can feel like you’re in the middle of nature’s serenity. When making small items to redesign your bathroom, make sure the wood you use is coated with waterproof paint. That way you will prevent the mold and possible breaks. Try making some of the following items:
- bath products organizer takes almost no time to make. You can find many online ideas on the design, shape and multi – purpose use. The organizer will look good on the wall, in form of a shelf, or it can stand on its own and hold your appliances.
- towel holder looks the best if made out of pallets. They already have their own shape to support hanging towels. If you prefer, you can make several floating shelves and place your towels as rolls.
- trendy background for mirror is perfect for a contemporary design of your bathroom.
Are you tired of living in the same looking home for years? Guess what? Everybody likes changes! So why don’t you make one? There are different arguments why people don’t improve their home look. Some say it takes time. Others claim it costs a lot. And the third ones are sure that they need to hire an expert for that. Well, out of all three arguments, we can say that only the one that it takes time is partially true. It does take hours, and potentially days. But, nothing spectacular. And you can make a cheap home improvement. Doing it yourself. Yes, it’s that simple, and with a little effort, you can make your home beautiful and inspiring again! By cheap, many of you shall think it’s low-grade. But no, cheap home improvement refers only to a price. We’re still gonna make recommendations for quality and rehearsed changes!